These Were the Cutest Photos of the Royal Family in 2015
There has been no official study that the country is happier as a whole on days that we get glimpses of the royal family, but we’re pretty sure our lives are better for it. Who doesn’t love when Prince George flashes a glimpse of his mischievous personality to the camera? Or when a stuffed animal delights Princess Charlotte? That’s why we rounded up the 20 cutest photos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their little ones in 2015. Enjoy!
1. The Royal Wave: Before the world got a glimpse of Princess Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, the Duke of Cambridge brought Prince George to meet his little sister. Although the almost two-year-old was too scared to walk into the Lindo wing by himself, he managed to give the most adorable royal wave thanks to a little prompting from his dad.
2. The Expression Is Everything: Princess Charlotte pretty much slept through her royal debut, but we can’t help but get a kick out of her expression as dad William put her into the car to head back to Kensington Palace.
3. Smiling Siblings: A few weeks after Princess Charlotte’s May 2 birth, mum Kate took several photos of her kids at home to share with the world. If we didn’t know better, we’d say this was a department store catalogue, it’s so darn cute!
4. A Kiss for Charlotte: Just when you thought they couldn’t get any cuter, Prince George went ahead and gave his little sister a kiss on the forehead, as though to say, “I’ll always protect you, little one.”
5. George Gone Wild: Getty photographer Chris Jackson managed to get the most insanely cute, spontaneous photo of Prince George before he made his debut at the annual Trooping the Colour ceremony on June 13.
6. Look, Dad, Look! The plane! The plane! The plane! Honestly, we’re all Prince George and just living vicariously through the little guy’s adventures.
7. Whatcha Looking At? Prince George masters the pensive look as if to say, “I don’t know what you’re all looking at, but the show’s over, folks.”
8. You Can’t Catch Me: A day after Trooping the Colour, Kate and George play a game of tag at dad William’s polo match, in what has to be the most adorable photo of the year. In case you wonder how the Duchess maintains her incredible physique, this is how.
9. Like Father, Like Son: For Princess Charlotte’s July christening, Prince George walked with his parents to the church, while trying to make sense of what all the hoopla was about. The truth? It was all of us freaking out over his adorable red and white ensemble, which was nearly identical to his father’s on the day that Prince Harry was christened.
10. I’ll Rule You All, One Day: The future king of England doing what he does best: melting our hearts.
11. Future Tea Time: So sweet! Mario Testino captured this stunning photo of the Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlotte after her christening in Norfolk.
12. Lemme See! Oh, it’s just Prince George leaning into the camera, looking adorable.
13. Hanging Out at Home: Just a normal family of four hanging in the countryside, frolicking in the backyard in their Sunday best.
14. Fun Times With George and Wills: What we wouldn’t give to watch the George and William playtime reality show.
15. Love All: Pictures of Prince George and Princess Charlotte might bring us all the joy in the world, but the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are right behind them, as evidenced by this photo at Wimbledon in early July.
16. Terrific Twosome: Although Catherine and William show more PDA than Diana and Charles ever did, it’s nice to see these two be affectionate when they’re not entirely aware the cameras are on them.
17. Mutual Admiration Society, Indeed. During an October 26 charity outing in London, the Duchess of Cambridge beamed as she was greeted by two youngsters thrilled to be in her presence.
18. Express Yourself: We imagine Kate makes this face a lot when running after a curious George. Or, you know, being lowered down a mountain, as she did on November 20.
19. It’s the Little Things: Is there anything cuter than Charlotte laughing at a stuffed animal? Absolutely not.
20. Better Than a Hallmark Card: As 2015 comes to a close, the Cambridges saved the best for last, with their annual Christmas card, this time as a family of four. Our only hope for 2016? More photos, please!
Photos: Getty Images